Soooo it may be because I tried on a cheap cowboy hat but I really do prefer fedoras. 🙂
Outfit of the day – turquoise, leopard and corduroy. Actually the more I think about it the color sweater color is dead on cyan instead of turquoise. Ok so most of this outfit came from Kohl’s. I’m finding Kohl’s to be a good source of decent quality basics at a good price. I gave a sneak peak of some of these items in this post but that didn’t include the sweater. That $10 Kohl’s cash coupon I got from my online order I used to go back and buy this sweater. Actually I ended up with two of these cable knit sweaters because I liked them so much; the “bold blue” and the “brown heather”.
Sweater: Sonoma Life + Style Cable-Knit sweater in “Bold Blue” | Pants: Sonoma Life + Style Modern Fit Straight Leg Corduroy pants in camel | Scarf: Apt. 9 Leopard Scarf | Hat: Crushable straw fedora bought early last summer at Kohl’s | Earrings: bought last year at JC Penny | Shoes: Ugg Antora in black patent (similar Ugg Antora II in black patent)
Ok one quick note on the Uggs Antora ballet flats: I LOVE these but I have last year’s Antora not the Antora II and there is a difference. What I liked about last year’s style is that they are lined with shearling which helps keep my feet warm in winter. Not as warm as boots but better than most ballet flats. There’s no shearling on the footbed but there is shearling along the sides. If you see patent leather on the outside, there’s shearling under that. This year’s Antora II shoe however appears to only have a little tuft of shearling in the heel and that’s it.
The Payless Claire Scrunch Flat dexflex flat is my go-to black ballet in the fall and this Ugg Antora is my go-to black ballet flat in the winter because of that added warmth. I really hate wearing socks but my feet get cold easily. I actually own three pairs of Uggs and they are what go into heavy rotation in the winter and I should probably do a separate post about those. (Don’t worry, none of them are the typical suede Uggs that everyone knows and loves to hate!)
Most of this outfit is actually from Kohl’s. I’m a little addicted to shopping there lately. I seem to find more pants that fit me there than anywhere else I seem to go for some reason and I’m not sure why. Really a fan of the Sonoma Life+Style and Apt. 9 brands when it’s coming to pants. Also not loathing crops and capris like I used to … and I’m not sure why.
- The pants are Apt 9 “Skinny Crop jeans” in military green that I bought on clearance. I like the studded detail on the pockets. I had gone looking for the zippered front accent full length version but didn’t find them and ended up spotting these.
- The necklace and earrings I wrote about in this post. Mega clearance jewelry haul.
- The fedora (hat) is also from Kohl’s. It’s the Apt 9 Ribbon Straw Fedora in tan (no longer available) – they still have the black and white versions in clearance. I’ve had this most of the summer but didn’t blog about it before. I bought a similar style hat from ebay that’s a little lighter because this one is just a little too much on a 90 degree day (I should do a hat post.) 70 degrees outside and this one is great. Also this one is crushable so it bounces back from being abused – thrown in cars, bags, I think I sat on it once…
- The Leopard ballet flats are Lauren Conrad from Kohl’s. I bought them around Christmas 2011 (!!! ack) and have almost worn them out. They have been so well loved that I have had to glue one of the soles back down on the toe of one of the shoes. Honestly, leopard ballet flats should probably be a wardrobe staple so I need to find a good replacement. I’ve loved that these had comfortable elastic on the heel. (Open to suggestions on replacements!)
- The basic black t-shirt – I have two that are identical (and I’m not sure which one I wore now that it’s in the hamper.) One was some brand I had never heard of but was nice, soft, thin but not too thin and a little drapey. And the other I ran across at Walmart for about $5 – it was identical to the $20 no name that I liked so much and really I haven’t been able to tell the difference between the two. What I got was either this or this from Walmart but I also have a dark purple t-shirt from Ann Taylor Loft that’s pretty much the same fabric and I think that is the Ann Taylor Loft everyday t which is less than $10 at the moment.
- My bra is my “last resort, need to do laundry now” bra so it’s digging into my shoulders a little and I just noticed you can actually tell that in the photos. Oops… You don’t need to tell me I need a different bra than what I’m wearing in these photos – I already know.