Just a quick photo of what I wore today – Military green pants, leopard ballet flats, fedora.
Most of this outfit is actually from Kohl’s. I’m a little addicted to shopping there lately. I seem to find more pants that fit me there than anywhere else I seem to go for some reason and I’m not sure why. Really a fan of the Sonoma Life+Style and Apt. 9 brands when it’s coming to pants. Also not loathing crops and capris like I used to … and I’m not sure why.
- The pants are Apt 9 “Skinny Crop jeans” in military green that I bought on clearance. I like the studded detail on the pockets. I had gone looking for the zippered front accent full length version but didn’t find them and ended up spotting these.
- The necklace and earrings I wrote about in this post. Mega clearance jewelry haul.
- The fedora (hat) is also from Kohl’s. It’s the Apt 9 Ribbon Straw Fedora in tan (no longer available) – they still have the black and white versions in clearance. I’ve had this most of the summer but didn’t blog about it before. I bought a similar style hat from ebay that’s a little lighter because this one is just a little too much on a 90 degree day (I should do a hat post.) 70 degrees outside and this one is great. Also this one is crushable so it bounces back from being abused – thrown in cars, bags, I think I sat on it once…
- The Leopard ballet flats are Lauren Conrad from Kohl’s. I bought them around Christmas 2011 (!!! ack) and have almost worn them out. They have been so well loved that I have had to glue one of the soles back down on the toe of one of the shoes. Honestly, leopard ballet flats should probably be a wardrobe staple so I need to find a good replacement. I’ve loved that these had comfortable elastic on the heel. (Open to suggestions on replacements!)
- The basic black t-shirt – I have two that are identical (and I’m not sure which one I wore now that it’s in the hamper.) One was some brand I had never heard of but was nice, soft, thin but not too thin and a little drapey. And the other I ran across at Walmart for about $5 – it was identical to the $20 no name that I liked so much and really I haven’t been able to tell the difference between the two. What I got was either this or this from Walmart but I also have a dark purple t-shirt from Ann Taylor Loft that’s pretty much the same fabric and I think that is the Ann Taylor Loft everyday t which is less than $10 at the moment.
- My bra is my “last resort, need to do laundry now” bra so it’s digging into my shoulders a little and I just noticed you can actually tell that in the photos. Oops… You don’t need to tell me I need a different bra than what I’m wearing in these photos – I already know.
Many of the eyelet dress outfits that caught my eye recently have been white eyelet dresses paired with jean jackets. Others were bright colors or navy. I’ve managed to round up quite a few for you & included both inspiration as well as links to a lot of dresses available for the Spring & Summer 2013 season. 🙂
Eyelet Dress Outfit Inspiration:
- found via pinterest and no longer linked correctly
- A Piece of Toast blog Sally in the Old Navy eyelet dress
- Damsel in Dior blog in an Old Navy Dolman eyelet dress (no longer available)
- Curvy Girl Chic blog in Torrid eyelet party dress (no longer available)
- found via pinterest but linked to a site that was obviously not associated with the image
- Boston Proper belted eyelet dress
- A Piece of Toast blog (original source unknown)
- Glitter and Pearls blog in Old Navy eyelet dress
- Sharing my Sole blog in London Times eyelet shift dress
- Sharing my Sole blog in the same dress as 9 styled differently
- Ivory Lane blog in J. Crew (no longer available)
- Michael Kors Shirt Dress from 2012 (no longer available)
The main contenders – eyelet dresses from Old Navy & Anthropology:
Below: Old Navy Women’s Mixed-Eyelet Dresses
For just over $30 this is an excellent dress with lots of bright spring & summer color options:
Below: Anthropologie Sunstream Eyelet Dress for $128
Even more eyelet dress possibilities:
(1)Ann Taylor Loft Flower Eyelet Cotton Dress (2)Lilly Pulitzer Sandrine Dress (3)Lauren Ralph Lauren Eyelet Dress (4)Shopmamie Iris Eyelet Dress in Royal Blue (5)Forever21 Fit & Flare Eyelet Dress (6)Old Navy Women’s Eyelet Tube Dresses (7)Vince Camuto Lace Fit & Flare Dress (8)Laundry by Shelli Segal Strapless Dress – Eyelet Fit & Flare (9)French Connection Orient Eyelets Dress (10)Jessica Howard Sleeveless Belted Sundress w/Shirred Skirt & Open Back (11)Ann Taylor Loft Petite Floral Eyelet Sleeveless Dress (12)J. Crew Circle Eyelet Dress (13)Kensie Eyelet Dress in Mint (14)Madewell Eyelet Trail Dress (15)MICHAEL Michael Kors Eyelet Panel Sleeveless Dress (16)Nine West Dresses Women’s Eyelet Crossover Bodice Full Skirt Dress (17)Matty M Lace Sheath Dress (18)Anthropology Grass Court Dress (19)Forever21 Fit & Flare Eyelet Dress (shirtdress style)
The evasive eyelet dress but too cute not to mention:
Shireen Eyelet Dress from Calypso Celle: This dress just kept popping up on Pinterest. Repeatedly. In different colors. And it’s really cute. Too bad the seller, http://calypso-celle.com, doesn’t seem to exist anymore. Link included just in case they somehow come back online (though I don’t think I would trust an ecommerce site that’s been done as long as this one has….)
But maybe you could find it in a boutique … it looks like they sell to small stores based on this photo. Really this is my favorite of the dresses which makes it really frustrating.
Anyway – hopefully this gives you some outfit ideas and also helps you find some of the available options for eyelet dresses this Summer 2013!
Note: NONE of the links in this post are affiliate links. I was shopping for an eyelet dress myself so I thought I would share. If you like what you see don’t forget to pin it or share the link!
Click the tweetable link to share this blog post quickly on twitter.
There is a preview so you can make alterations before it posts.