Unboxing video below descriptions:
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor – I kinda wish I knew what was in the moisturizing strip BUT this is a problem I just have to ignore because it’s pretty much the same question I have with any good razor. This razor IS better than the Venus3 I was using before so I think I will be switching to it because it really is that much better. As long as I can find blades for it (first drugstore I was in didn’t have them but that could have just been the one.) First few uses it felt like it almost suctioned to my leg. The only problem with this is if you have a bug bite (be careful!) A much cleaner shave all around though.
- WEI™ Pomegranate Buffing Beads – ingredients: Polyethylene, punica granatum (pomegranate) peel, coco-glucoside, benzoic acid. EWG rates it on these ingredients as a 1 (custom report.) LOVE this. I always love a good exfoliator and this is gentle and very different from a lot of the other options out there. You use it with your own soap so you’re not stuck with a soap that doesn’t agree with your skin. 20 packets for $20 is … not too bad actually for what you’re getting. Yes, there are better deals to be had but I think I might actually buy these.
- Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream – I’ve received this before (on second look, I actually received this in my KlutchClub box as well.) Camphor is a really wonderful thing for sore muscles. Since I recently royally messed up my back, I did in fact go through almost all of the two samples I had stashed before trying a cheaper drugstore muscle cream (almost all of them have menthol so there was only one.)
They say that the camphor smell in this product dissipates but it doesn’t really seem too in my opinion. It’s less harsh than menthol but it still makes me smell a bit like a little old lady. Maybe it would dissipate more if just used as a lip balm. This isn’t specifically a sore muscle cream but HOWEVER this is WONDERFUL on sore muscles.
Would I buy this? I’m really on the fence. I would love to use it as an occasional post workout muscle rub but it comes in such tiny quantity that I don’t think that’s practical. It’s also fairly expensive at $18/2oz.
- WEI™ Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask – I can’t seem to find the ingredients list for this but I think it’s just clay and golden root: http://www.weibeauty.com/by-type/purify-chi/golden-root-purifying-mud-mask.html
I liked what this did but the scent was a bit overwhelming for me. It’s not a bad scent, just one I felt irritated my sensitive allergy prone nose. Top that off with the cost … $5 per pod isn’t bad as a treat but since you have to come up with $40 and commit to more at once my brain kicks in and says “$40 for mud?” 🙂
- Caldrea Hand Soap – this is a 4 according to EWG’s cosmetics database and part of that is for the essential oils being labeled “fragrance.” However the fragrance in this soap is derived from natural ingredients so it should have a better score. As a soap it’s still a little harsh, a little generic to some degree… I just wasn’t wowed. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/206539/Caldrea_Liquid_Hand_Soap/
- stila stay all day™ foundation, concealer, & brush kit – apparently the ingredient list isn’t posted online, I’ll write the company. http://answers.sephora.com/answers/8723/product/P374937/questions.htm?page=2
I did go ahead and try it on the inner part of my arm and the color somehow came across as chalky to me. It seemed to match my skin tone but something was just off about it.
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur – again with the synthetic fragrances. Seriously, when are they going to stop sending me these? Moving on.
** SPOILER ALERT **
I watched the September Birchbox preview for a change and here’s what I’m really hoping I get in my September box:
- Color Club Put a Pin It – Rose gold nail polish
- Brush guards – brush rolls are too space consuming unless you have a large sink counter to work with which makes them annoying for travel but my last trip I threw everything in a cosmetic bag and it wasn’t kind to my brushes so really hoping I get to try these
- Vasanti Brighten Up! – Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – this has good ingredients and is an exfoliator which is something I always like trying
- LiQWd Professional Volumizing Catalyst – I’m on the fence about wanting this. I can’t find the ingredient list.