Hi, I’m Hilary!
I started ClothingCult back in 2005 as a hobby site and it has evolved into being primarily focused on personal style and natural beauty products. Everything from everyday outfits to in depth product reviews and comparisons.
If you’re interested in sending me something to review, please keep in mind:
- I’m mid-thirties
- I live in central Kentucky
- In a long term relationship
- I have no children (no plans for any either)
- The one cat is the proud owner of the two humans (no plans for more cats either)
- I have a goal for most of my beauty, skincare and haircare products to be natural to organic (so if you send something else, be forewarned that you’ll be judged by those standards.)
- I focus on products without: parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or sulfates.
- I also avoid cones like dimethicone because there is a clear connection to cones causing me to break out for some reason. Bad cystic painful acne. I’m not sure if this is a common problem or a personal reaction. In addition, cones in hair products can be bad for curly hair over time too.
- And I’m allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide (the active ingredient in some Acne product – a serious rash is not fun.)
- And want nail polishes that are 3-free. “Three free” means no: dibutyl phthalate, toluene, or formaldehyde.
- Clothes and jewelry – I’ve been leaning towards more preppy but I have a utilitarian side too (search for rain boots, that would be a good example.) Classic & elegant but not scared of bold statement pieces.
- Clothes sizing: email to ask (I have a weight loss goal and I think I’ve finally figured out some of my back problems so I can start actively exercising again.)
- Shoe size: 8.5 in almost every brand. If there are no half sizes (like Uggs) I’m typically an 8. I also prefer flats and extreme arch support hurts my feet.
- Hair: For reference and for those familiar with the Naturally Curly hair types, I’m either a 2b or a 3a since most of the time the curls don’t go to the crown of my head, sometimes they coil but sometimes they just do a simple “s” and I can also straighten my hair (not pin straight) without too much trouble (unless I go out in the rain.)
4101 Tates Creek Centre Dr,
Suite 150, PMB 167
Lexington KY 40517
Yes, FascinationDesign.com is my primary business.echo adrotate_group(1);